Some Of My Favorite Quotes
“Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final.” — Rainer Marie Rilke
Anytime I read, I make sure I write down quotes that really make me think and that I believe will direct me in a way. Here are some I wish to share with you today.
- Victory Loves Preparation
- “Life is HARD. None of us have the strength to do it alone. We need people to encourage and inspire us so that we can encourage and inspire others” — Simon Sinek
- “Beware of the bareness of a busy life” — Socrates
- “You are a human with one life, it is up to you to make it the best life that you can” — Someone
- “Success is a few simple disciplines, practiced every day; while failure is simply a few errors in judgment, repeated everday” — Jim Rohn
- “There have to be reasons that get you up in the morning and make you want to live. Why do you want to live? What’s the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future?” — Someone
- “Sticking with the fundamentals is not impressive. Falling in love with boredom is not sexy” — James Clear
- “Fall in love with boredom! Fall in love with repetition and practice. Fall in love with the process of whatever you do and let the results take care of themselves” — James Clear
- “If the schedule is long, it’s wrong! If it’s tight, it's right.” — Elon Musk
- “Discipline is what separates the professionals from the amateurs. Discipline is the sign of someone who takes their craft seriously” — Someone
- “All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know” — Someone / James Clear
- “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat” — Unknown
- “The bigger the buffer, the more chaos you can handle. Always be stronger than you need to be — always leave room for the unexpected” — Someone
- “The chief enemy of good decisions is a lack of sufficient perspectives on a problem” — Someone
- “The hardest thing in the world is to simplify your life because everything is pulling you to become more and more complex. Order requires effort.” — James Clear/ Benjamin Hardy, PhD
- “When you begin being fully honest with your highest self — then amazing things begin happening — immediately. Success will happen. Success must happen. But it can only happen when you start living the life you want and not get lost when it comes” — Benjamin Hardy, PhD
- “Great things in business are not done by one person. They are done by a team of people” — Steve Jobs
- “Again, you can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” — Steve Jobs
- “Nothing spectacular comes without hard work. Getting organized is hard work. Setting and taking action goals is hard work. And staying on track is even harder” — Someone
- “People don’t fail to succeed, they fail to make the effort to succeed. To succeed in my endeavor of your choice, you need a commitment to intentional effort.” — Someone
- “Greatness isn't handed to anyone, it requires uncomfortable steps. The best people in any field are those who devote quality time to their craft” — Someone
- “Very few people have ever failed with the hard work approach to making it in life. You may rise slowly, but you are sure to rise. There are not shortcuts to lasting success, only smart cuts” — Someone
- “Change is coming, and how do we know? Because we are living in a world of extreme change” — Lutz Ziob
- “All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone” — Blaise Pascal
- “How many of us have the presence of mind and heart to discern and prioritize prayer as Jesus did? — Desiring God Blog
- “Amateurs practice a shot until they make it. Pros practice until they can’t miss” — James Clear
- “Motion feels like progress. ACTION IS PROGRESS” — James Clear
- “Try your best. Fail forward. Keep moving. Expect everything and attach to nothing. “ — Someone
- “God is acting and we are drawn into the action of God.” — Someone
- “It is better to do less than you hoped for than nothing at all. No zero days!” — James Clear
Whew!! Just going through my diary and seeing all these quotes is pretty amazing. I could go on and on! I will continue in another post!
Ha! Let me know which is your favorite and the one you want to take along with you in the coming year!
Aha! I will be intentional about writing the names of the people who give a quote! 2021 resolution!
Happy Holidays! Don’t forget to hit the clap button as many times as you can!